From 2011 to 2018, I served as project manager / web developer and then as CTO at iefimerida.gr and bovary.gr. Meanwhile, I also worked as technical project manager at OgilvyOne Worldwide Athens in 2013-2014.
Programming and Social Network Analysis are my passions. I happily develop Social Network Visualizer (SocNetV), a tool for the analysis and visualization of social networks, using C++ and the superb open-source Qt toolkit. SocNetV runs on Linux, Mac and Windows. See more at https://socnetv.org
I love my wife, Helen and our two beautiful girls. My everlasting goal is “to do no evil”.
I work as a freelance developer. If you have a Drupal or Qt project to propose, I will be happy to discuss it with you. 🙂 See my email below.
- M.Sc. in Computational Mathematics and Informatics, 2003, University of Patras, Greece
- B.Sc. in Mathematics, 2001, University of Patras, Greece
- Mobilize: a research group, lead by Drs Boudourides and Botetzagias, focusing on contemporary mobilizations and the organization process of the 4th European Social Forum.
- STAGE: An FP5 thematic Network focusing on Science, Technology and Governance in Europe . See our case studies (web archived site here).
- Equal-Andromeda: a Greek research and training programme focusing on the men-women inequalities inside work spaces.
- Drupal Association (Drupal Association user page)
- International Network for Social Network Analysis (INSNA)
- European Association for the Study of Science and Technology (EASST)
Programming (in descending order of know-how)
- Python, Perl, Tcl/Tk
- Fortran, Pascal in the good old days
- 2018-today: Freelance developer, working on various Drupal/PHP/ReactJS/Qt projects. Always on LAMP stack, of course. Read more and contact me through https://www.webzein.gr
- 2014-2018: Web Developer, linux sysadmin and CTO at New Media Network Synapsis SA, where we developed iefimerida.gr, the best news/politics oriented website in Greece, and Bovary.gr,
- 2013-2014: Technical Project Manager at OgilvyOne Worldwide Athens
Technical management and QA of the new What’s Up mobile application (iOS/Android).
- 2010-present: Web developer and sysadmin of Linux Insider, the largest linux forum in Greece.
- 2011-2013 Project & IT Manager in iefimerida.gr
- 2010-2013: Editor-in-chief for “Linux Inside” magazine (bi-monthly printed edition). Fully responsible for the magazine’s print and online content and layout. So, if you find any errata, you know who to blame!
- 2009-2011: Web project manager in C & C International Group of Companies.
- 2005-present: Lead developer of Social Network Visualizer, an open-source project aiming to develop a powerful yet user-friendly Social Network Analysis and Visualization software application (SocNetV).
- 2005-present: Teaching mathematics to youngsters
- 2006-2010: System Administrator of Greek Linux Format’s portal and forum (now Linux Insider)
- 2005 – 2008: Editor-in-chief for the Greek edition of “Linux Format” magazine. Fully responsible for issues 6 to 23…
- 2005 – 2008: Article contributor for the Computer for All, the oldest home computing magazine in Greece. You can find some of those articles in this blog’s archive. It was fun, they even put me in the magazine’s cover once (issue 274)!
- 2004-2005: Served as Second Lieutenant (reserve) at Greek Army Tanks
- 2001-2003: Junior researcher with an EU-funded scholarship at University of Patras
- 1999-2000: Technical support at Computer Line Patras
- 1992-1997: SysOp of Power BBS (and later CyberLink DMS), a PSTN-based single-line Bulletin Board System in Greece running on Frontdoor, RemoteAccess etc.
- Social Network Visualiser (SocNetV): A scientific yet user-friendly tool for the analysis and visualization of social networks, available for Linux, Mac and Windows. It is free and open-source software (licensed under GPL3), developed in C++ with the Qt5 GUI toolkit. The project code is at https://github.com/socnetv/app.
- Αγγελίες247: A nice and simple site to publish your classified ads for free, forever.
- Απειρο: Apeiro.gr started as an educational portal with lots of K-12 Math resources (theory and exercises) for Greek students. It now hosts some exercises as well as news and resources for math teachers.
- WebZein: A simple “we do web development too” website 🙂
- Linux Insider: Build on LAMP with Drupal, the magazine’s official site serves as incubator of future linux addicts. 🙂 As of 2018, the site’s forum is currently the biggest Linux forum in Greek internet boasting more than 6000 users.
- Παιδικά Παραμύθια: A little site (in Greek) dedicated to our little children who love fairy tales, dragons and bed-time stories. Full of stories, check it out.
- Καιρός247: A KISS website to get the latest weather forecasts for Greece and its major cities.
- Συνταγές: Together with my wife Eleni, we are building the first community-based, non-profit website for cooking recipes (“συνταγές μαγειρικής” in Greek). Check it out!
- Sxolinux, a Greek remaster/ecdoche of Ubuntu, targeting High School kids, incorporating lots of educational software and Greek high school ebooks, along with full multimedia support.
- Power BBS: Now defunct. Old-style Bulletin Board System (BBS) of the pre-internet era.
Other Websites I like or maintain:
- Ονειροκρίτης: A simple website featuring dream interpretations in Greek
Public Key Server — Get “0xF95ED274 ”
Key fingerprint = E516 87D4 67B5 1C69 42FC BDF7 8A45 3083 F95E D274
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- Version: PGP Key Server 0.9.6 mQGiBElrejIRBADSdQWhxBC+ocikxqbjdC2KdJ/Z982ceA97XUCMcA4T7ZBA5iL0 Kka92ohdUVTYweUC/IiglNm3XXdc0bCJPwKp/iXij7k2aR1NrSHYA7fdgqZN/47u 5MV9aCbccTH2xs4FDz8SX6+afsjgkkdrty7aiDC395MSgPgAFEy9PDnihwCgwWBV MoImr76LsO2YhG4DlQOQ+XMEALHqYwmRa8irm8HyX1xislmEnOjfMv5aaVW84Lgm O8PLFwwP4rC4HnFLIiHn5IFU8k6E/7gccS90u4YxQaNoIsyzoKjtXEXtpQmLV7EF SbSRWe9778GIC29pHmAl5b8UxiRFoTxUto4JGAPJ63LeEKHyMxRbMC/luZEPCR6p J3GSA/9pnsAop/DTK2AwEZXKC0ThFjWqYwVXYGRpDMamHtw/70CarXAt5jRcBxGO g5aXHnmPZel3v4TGc9ZLZQWDBjeL6vIss9PfRIH7SuevlnWEHtcrhTJzNVefc2xH 6tT4YfruiZ2LpP4yP1ISPlYxygJFemKPVF+tgHJfYQXpmJinZbQzRGltaXRyaXMg Vi4gS2FsYW1hcmFzIDxkaW1pdHJpc19rYWxhbWFyYXNAeWFob28uZ3I+iGAEExEC ACAFAklrejICGwMGCwkIBwMCBBUCCAMEFgIDAQIeAQIXgAAKCRCKRTCD+V7SdCai AJ9dRfjkMaH/CjRif4F7VsIUOqpJIgCgs7TlnltAOIX6kYmmt6vCk9wxwv25Ag0E SWt6MhAIAK7kSi8JhUhbMM5gX54+iSZsNuwdhLdk41Ge/YEoSnlnOY4CvIu1gAGU ZgQXc3MCqMG+5zub+3/EWRb60UcI/5nIOAcIUWXMHpvD15zMsQg+9nqMvzyYKmJc w5EJG8BENMUrr5P0jjd+OJ4ypTlFEOmbV3tuf8qy9eqkY04pHJ9IkKehWJ4bdB4h 4s4OH8LIrzvs7JdJhBrHywgVUP533Kg88BfMTTZvyGhjjTmCMUkwm5HCQAw5pQpa JD4BNpoPKDPFtQMRLZbJ+LNxt70NxFOL+j7IylBm3rqwy0rpI2W89aXJ5A0FLO/F nizmemZLgUAj54wYFh2ovmbV+NsWgJsAAwUH/iqS3MC2PKZy0f4ucBhK1Aojbcsj 81usWIDpgT+HZEw6BtzvcxkrSyBSMROdCkRykusAjVKKlz/u22qNApviMXwghkUP rFnY0nbjRC5QboOztVv7VJBW49QKBLvstm+rOmMXU7c02gSVWhXsB8NbFffZx/9S gvo60AG/h45zK4+7ZL34X2Rgj/doREousk61gwWBbZUeYCvH/p+go0Lbr2WYuHeW VzDUp0DtMHHME9Wxnbb5dur/sOb+j5xsBMsf/WlcxKsi8cxUtAt7cx/SpmX8c6Bz xESpglinB0mtflPA+Z0gisQjLZE6ITiXfkzwokogs/LZiL9trizpXlUMt7qISQQY EQIACQUCSWt6MgIbDAAKCRCKRTCD+V7SdIPjAKCc06pd3HHhg92hUiiX7cczfJgh WwCgoInPhX+XpMZzzbHJx4zzBwuaZ6w= =395H -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----